AVC Performing Arts: Policies & Procedures
For All Our Audiences
The Theatre's Ushers and House Staff are in attendance to help ensure every patron's safety and enjoyment of the scheduled performance or event. Your presence in the Theatre indicates your willingness to abide by all Theatre policies and Staff Directives. We thank you for your cooperation.
For Our Special Needs Patrons
Assisted Listening devices are available at the House Manager's desk in the Theatre Lobby prior to each performance. Wheelchair accessible seats are located in rows A, K and Q. If you require wheelchair access, we recommend that you order tickets by mail, mark the "Wheelchair" box on the order form and indicate your seating row preference. For additional assistance, please call the AVC PAT Box Office at (661) 722-6580.
Our Box Office Policies & Procedures
All ticket sales are final - no exchanges or substitutions. Tickets will not be replaced, refunded or exchanged if lost, stolen or destroyed. Tickets are only valid for the performance dates and times for which they are issued. All programs, dates and times are subject to change.
Black Box Theatre Ticketing
Please purchase tickets for the Black Box Theatre events at the AVC Performing Arts Theatre Box Office. The Box Office is open 12:00 p.m. (noon) to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and two hours prior to each performance.
Will-Call Service is available. Please indicate that preference at the time you place your order, or call the box office for assistance.
Box Office Hours
The AVC Performing Arts Theatre Box Office is open 12:00 p.m. (noon) to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and two hours prior to each performance. The Box Office closes thirty minutes after the scheduled start time of each performance. No late admissions without a ticket.
Late arrivals will be seated at an appropriate break in the program, as pre-determined by the program's Presenter or Producer.
Some events may not be suitable for young children. All children must have a ticket for admission to a performance. No infants, please.
Cameras, Recording Devises and Personal Electronics
Cameras of any kind, video recorders and audio recording equipment are prohibited in the auditorium, and may be confiscated for the duration of the performance. Please deactivate or silence all cell phones, pagers, watches and any other personal electronics before entering the auditorium.
Food and Drink
Food and drink consumption is limited to the lobby and outside courtyard areas. No food or drink, with the exception of bottled water, is permitted in the auditorium.
Smoking is permitted in Campus parking lot areas only.
Free performance parking is available in campus lots #3 & #5.
For Our Presenters (both on-Campus & Outside Rental Clients)
- These rules are provided for the AVC Performing Arts Theatre user groups and outside rental clients which utilize this facility. Additional rules and policies may be adopted and enforced as appropriate.
- Decorations or signs will not be placed in any rooms, hallways or lobby (with the exception of posting notices on existing bulletin boards) of the theater building without the permission of PAT Management. Expenses for the repair of any damages incurred by the violation of this rule will be paid by the user groups and outside rental clients responsible for the damages.
- The presenting company will not obstruct any portion of the entries, hallways or stairs, including access to building utilities.
- The presenting company will not permit smoking anywhere on the Campus premises. Smoking is now prohibited on the Campus of Antelope Valley College. Smoking onstage is only permitted as part of a performance and ONLY when PAT Management approval has been obtained in advance.
- Animals (other than seeing-eye / certified service animals) will not be allowed in the theater for any reason other than use in a production or related promotional event. Approval must be obtained from PAT Management prior to bringing animals onto the property.
- NO weapons are allowed on the AVC campus. ONLY replica weapons may be used in a production, clearance must be obtained through PAT Management and weapons must be inspected and documented. Notice must be sent to the VP of Student Services that said replica weapon(s) are being used in the production.
- ABSOLUTELY NO food or drinks of any kind are allowed inside of the audi-torium except bottled water. This includes candy, gum and other beverages (even if contained in a sealed container). Any user groups or outside rental clients violating this rule will be responsible for the repair of damages incurred. Please limit food and drinks to the green room (PAT 114) area or the table area located in the scene shop. If water is needed backstage, onstage or in the dressing rooms, it must be in a sealed, spill-proof container. NO alcohol is permitted anywhere in the building unless prior arrangements have been made through the theatre Management and alcohol permits purchased through the PAT/ AVC Foundation. Additional fees may apply.
- Parking fees are the responsibility of the patrons or Producer ($1 per day with passes obtained at automated dispensers on campus). Parking is free on Saturdays after 4:00 p.m. and all day on Sundays.
- The producing company will provide identification and/or complete lists of all persons to be allowed into the backstage area. This list must be provided at the beginning of the load-in. The PAT Management reserves the right to restrict backstage access. No person will be allowed backstage without proper credentials. (i.e.- Name badge, wristband, etc. to be provided by the PAT Management)
- It is the responsibility of the Producer or producing company (whether an AVC sponsor/ faculty or outside rental client Producer) to provide their cast, staff and all personnel with the rules that the presenting company have set forth for their production. These rules may be in addition to the Policies and Procedures as set forth herein, BUT may NOT conflict with the Policies and Procedures set forth by the PAT Management. (i.e.- restricting cast and crew access to the lobby and audience area, performers confined to backstage area, etc.) In the event a Company policy is in conflict with any of the Policies, Procedures or Rules of the PAT, the PAT’s Policies, Procedures or Rules shall prevail. If the Producer requires additional personnel to enforce any Policies, Procedures or Rules, the Producer will be responsible for providing these additional staff members through their organization or group. With a minimum of seven (7) days’ notice, PAT can provide additional personnel at a rate of $25/hour. These fees will be due and payable with the final payment of the rental fee.
- ALL production materials, technical riders, music, videos, contracts, etc. MUST be received NO LATER than 2 weeks prior to the first day of venue occupancy (whether load in, rehearsal or actual event date).
- Without exception, load-in of any and all production-related materials must be conducted through the PAT loading dock, and not via the facility's front doors.
- The house opens 30 minutes prior to show time (unless a different time is agreed upon by the Producer and PAT Management in the pre-production meetings). All sound checks and all technical set-ups (including photo-graphic and video) must be completed by this time. Please note, audio line feeds terminate in an XLR plug.
- Under NO circumstances will the performance begin or intermission end without clearance from the Theater Manager or House Manager to staff, crew and/or performers.
- The AVC PAT Management reserves the right to determine the maximum sound level for any event inside the theater.
- The AVC PAT Management reserves the right, in conjunction with prevailing fire and building & safety regulations, to determine the maximum allowable number of performers on the stage.
- It is recommended that all valuables of the presenting company be collected and locked in the box office or in a locker in a dressing room. You must provide your own lock and all locks must be removed at the end of the production’s run. Any remaining locks will be cut off the day after the production has vacated the building. The AVC Performing Arts Theater and Antelope Valley College assumes no responsibility for personal property left unattended.
- Changes to house rigging, lighting, sound, backstage equipment or other physical properties of the theater MUST be performed by a qualified and approved PAT staff member or approved (and supervised) AVC student. Only qualified and approved staff members may hang lighting, set pieces or anything else that will be flown overhead. Only approved staff members or approved (and supervised) AVC students may operate ANY theatre equip-ment (fly systems, sound consoles, lighting consoles, personnel lift, etc.).
- The producing company will not be allowed to make changes to the stage floor unless pre-approved by the theater Management. The producing company will be responsible for returning the stage floor to its original condition (with the exception of laying and removing Marley flooring).
- NO glitter may be used in ANY way, for ANY purpose without prior consent from PAT Management. Additional charges for glitter remediation will be assessed to the producing entity and may be substantial.
- Use of flames, smoke effects and pyrotechnics are prohibited unless pre-approved by PAT Management. The producing company will be responsible for any permits, fees and additional personnel needed for pre-approved effects.
- The use of atmospheric effects (haze, fog or dry ice) must be discussed and approved in the pre-production meetings between Producers and PAT Management.
- To keep each production running smoothly and without any confusion or misinterpretation, all lines of communication should go through the PAT Management (or pre-appointed team lead) who will then delegate to the appropriate staff member or volunteer. This includes stage crew, backstage crew, house staff, ushers, box office or any other staff members provided by the AVC Performing Arts Theater.
- No “outside” theatre staffing will be allowed. All theatre staffing is at the discretion of the Theatre Management, utilizing trained professionals from the approved AVC staffing pool. The ONLY exception may be a Production Stage Manager/ Cue Caller. If the producing company is providing their own Production Stage Manager/ Cue Caller, that information must be communicated to the PAT Management during the pre-production meeting and must follow the rules laid forth by the PAT Management. The Production Stage Manager must meet with the PAT Management prior to theatre occupancy to sign off on the PAT guidelines and for a brief orientation.
- The Producer or producing group may provide a program for the Event. An ample amount of show programs for each performance must be provided. Said programs will be at the expense of the Producer. Any program inserts must be stuffed prior to the programs being delivered to the theater.
- Any and all deposits agreed upon when booking the theater must be paid at the time of booking unless agreed upon by the Producer and PAT Management. Acceptable methods of payment include cash, cashier’s check, business check, VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
- Any outside producing company (not an AVC sponsored event) must provide a Two Million Dollar Certificate of Liability Insurance with Antelope Valley College named as an additional insured.
- ALL concessions will be provided by the AVC Performing Arts Theater Management. NO outside concessions may be sold by any other party (AVC group or other outside Producer) unless agreed upon by the Producer and PAT Management in pre-production meetings. This includes the sale of wine and beer. Souvenir or promotional sales must be agreed upon by the Producer and PAT Management in pre-production meetings.
- Any products, paraphernalia, souvenirs or merchandise of any sort sold on the theater premises are subject to a 20% gross sales fee payable to the Theater. The terms will be agreed upon by the Producer and PAT Management in pre-production meetings.
- No parking is allowed outside of the theater loading doors (between the PAT and Black Box theater) unless prior approval is granted by PAT Management.
- Paid admission seating configurations are as follows:
- All Assigned Seating by row and seat number
- Sectionalized Assigned Seating at multiple price levels, by row and seat number
- All General Admission / Open Seating
- Events presented free of charge will not be ticketed. All seating for such events will take place on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Minimum ticket price is $7.00. In addition, fees of between $1.00-2.00 per ticket are assessed on all tickets purchased by credit card, and a fee of $.50 per ticket is charged to the Producer by our outside ticket vendor. A portion of these fees may be passed on to the patrons if desired. These fees are in addition the the Ticketing set-up fee.
- AVC Production Groups MUST have a deposit account established with either Business Services or the AVC Foundation into which ticket proceeds can be deposited.
Non-AVC Producers will receive a check from the AVC Business Services Department within 4-6 weeks of the close of the event for any ticket proceeds due. User must provide a completed Federal Form W-9 for payment to be issued.
- Tickets may be purchased on-line, by phone or in person at the AVC PAT Box Office. AVC PAT does not “hold” tickets without payment. Consignment tickets are available upon request.
Complimentary ticket lists must be provided 24 hours in advance of the event.
- The Box Office is open two hours prior to show time and closes thirty minutes after the event begins.
- ALL Producers will be held responsible for all actions by their visiting group(s) and are responsible for providing their cast and staff with the above outlined rules.
- In order to meet the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and California State Law SB 105, and because we believe everyone deserves to be able to fully participate in all aspects of Life at Antelope Valley College, we are committed as an institution to provide closed captioning for all multimedia exhibited in the Performing Arts Theatre. It is the responsibility of the Presenting individual or organization to guarantee that all multimedia to be exhibited in the PAT is closed-captioned for the deaf / hard-of-hearing.
We will require all multimedia to be exhibited to be submitted to Theatre Management no later than 48 hours in advance of the start of an event in order for Management to verify the captioning. Content submitted after this deadline will not be exhibited. There are no exceptions.
- It is the policy of the Performing Arts Theatre that, upon a request five business days before an event, reasonable accommodation will be provided to facilitate the participation of covered individuals with disabilities. The cost for said accommodation will be passed along to Rental Clients, and either assessed as an additional charge, or deducted from any final settlement.
- The AVC Performing Arts Theatre reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.